O Adonai Antiphon for December 18
O Adonai ~O Lord
The symbol for this day is a burning bush. The Lord appeared to Moses on Mount Sinai and spoke to him from a burning bush.
- O Adonai, et Dux domus Israel,
- qui Moysi in igne flammae rubi apparuisti,
- et ei in Sina legem dedisti:
- veni ad redimendum nos in brachio extento.
- O Adonai, and leader of the House of Israel,
- who appeared to Moses in the fire of the burning bush
- and gave him the law on Sinai:
- Come and redeem us with an outstretched arm.
- but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt around his waist, and faithfulness the belt around his loins.” Isaiah 11:4-5
- “For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our ruler, the Lord is our king; he will save us.” Isaiah 33:22
For those who enjoy the challenges of Latin, there are a number of chants that you might enjoy such as this one which you might find enjoyable for meditation and prayer.
O Sapentia ~ O Wisdom
O Adonai ~ O Lord
Advent blessings to all.
Soli Deo Gloria